MOVEit File Transfer:
A Server For Managed File Transfer
What if you could take the guesswork out of the file transfer process? What if you had complete visibility and control over how files were sent, stored, and received? MOVEit™File Transfer makes it possible. Used by thousands of IT departments in some of the most data-sensitive industries, MOVEit File Transfer server lets you manage how sensitive information is sent between partners, customers, employees, and systems.
MOVEit File Transfer is the part of the MOVEit Managed File Transfer System that allows you to:
- Reliably transfer files
- Connect with any system, server or client with a broad set of protocols
- Protect files in transit and at rest
- Gain visibility and control over file transfer activity
- Confidently meet SLAs and compliance requirements
- Use on-premise or in the cloud
MOVEit File Transfer enables organizations of any size to:
- Gain greater visibility and control: Track the movement and status of every file – at any time – from a central server with MOVEit File Transfer. Gain better visibility and control over file activity within minutes of adoption and never have to guess about the location of a file again.
- Connect with existing systems: With a wide range of hardened protocols (HTTPS, FTPS, and SFTP) MOVEit File Transfer server easily connects to any system, server or client. IT departments gain greater flexibility with the ability to transfer any file through a single system.
- Protect files in transit and at rest: Secure sensitive data in transit and at rest with proven encryption (FIPS 140-2 validated AES), receiver authentication, and delivery confirmation. MOVEit File Transfer also lets you enforce user, system, and file security policies.
- Meet SLAs and compliance requirements: With pre-defined and customizable reports from a secure, tamper-evident database, MOVEit File Transfer makes it easy to comply with regulations such as HIPAA, PCI, and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Deploy on-premise or in the cloud: MOVEit File Transfer adapts to the needs of your business, letting you choose where your data will reside. Both options are fully-featured, offering the same secure managed file transfer solution used by thousands of companies.
MOVEit™ Managed File Transfer System Features
Single, Secure System for Business-Critical File Transfer
- Safely sends sensitive information between employees, business partners, customers, and applications
- Exchanges EDI documents over AS2
- Supports person-to-person or system-to-system file transfer
Visibility into all File Transfers Between People
- Logs all file transfer activity in tamper-evident database
- Notifications of server events and completed transfers
- Extensive reporting
- Integrates with Syslog
- Guest user identification in logs and notifications
Simple User Access
- Desktop clients include web browser or Microsoft Outlook plugin
- Email users can protect sensitive email messages as well as attachments
- Mobile devices including iOS and Android mobile phones and tablets
- User single sign-on from all supported clients via SAML 2.0
Automated Workflow and Tasks
- Simple user interface to define automated tasks
- User self-provisioning
- Send to self-archiving
File Security and Integrity
- Encryption during transport and at rest
- Security wizard streamlines security administration lockdown process
- Vulnerability protection – Support for OWASP Top10
- Encryption and protocol rules (FTPS, SFTP, SSH, and HTTP/S)
- Hardened server settings and OS-independent security
- FIPS 140-2 cryptography (NIST certified)
- File integrity checking
- Monitor and control movement of sensitive data via ICAP standard integration to leading DLP software
- Authentication via IdP, LDAP, Active Directory, ODBC, and Radius databases
- Centrally-manage user authentication via SAML 2.0 integration to leading Identity Provider (IdP) systems
- Simultaneous authentication against multiple databases
- Password policies, including auto-expiration
- Rules for IP and user lockout, and blacklisting/ whitelisting
- User and group provisioning, access, and permissions Set user quotas (number of files, storage space) Non-repudiation and guaranteed delivery Expiration rules of files and folders on server Virtual folders
Multiple Language Support
- Custom URLs and branding
- APIs available for MOVEit File Transfer and MOVEit Central
- Professional services available for customization or integration projects
- Available on-premise or in the cloud
Business Continuity and Scalability On-premise
- Disaster recovery via integration with Neverfail IT Continuity Engine
- Web farm for clustering and load balancing
- Failover and high availability
- Single-tenant or multi-tenant configurations
- Virtualized platform support
- Multi-tiered architecture deployment
Enhanced Security, 24/7 Business Continuity,
and Consistent Client UI
MOVEit™ helps streamline routine administrative tasks and relieves security stress via integration to more security systems—including Data Loss/Leakage Prevention (DLP) and Identity Provider (IdP) systems. Compatibility with Neverfail IT Continuity Engine enables 24/7 file transfer operations in the event of system failure or entire datacenter loss. And support for single sign-on authentication and UI updates for consistent user experience help drive user adoption.
- Integration to IT security infrastructure streamlines routine admin tasks and relieves security stress
- Seamless integration with Neverfail IT Continuity Engine enables 24/7 business continuity and satisfies regulatory requirements for file backup
- Single sign-on (SSO) and consistent user interface (UI) drives user adoption
- Updated system support
Integration with Neverfail IT Continuity Engine enables 24/7 business continuity
MOVEit Managed File Transfer System offers expanded integration to DLP and IdP systems to meet your organization’s goal for continuous improvement of security to meet compliance and data safety.
Monitor and control movement of sensitive data transferred by MOVEit via ICAP-standard integration to leading DLP software:
- IT-approved, policy-based method to control transfer of sensitive files
- Robust integration provides control over disposition (eg. blocked or quarantined) of policy-offending files by user or group
- Integrates with DLP systems via quick step-by-step approach
- End-users alerted to offending files within the MOVEit UI
- Supported DLP systems: RSA, Symantec, and McAfee
Centrally manage user authentication via SAML 2.0 integration to leading identity providers (IdP) systems:
- Reduces time required for management of user credentials via central management within a single IdP system
- New option for user management in addition to existing: MOVEit built-in user database, any user database accessible via the LDAP, Secure LDAP or RADIUS Server protocols (including Microsoft Active Directory or IAS, Tivoli Access Manager, and ODBC-compliant databases)
- Support for Microsoft ADFS, Shibboleth, and Onelogin
Integration with Neverfail IT Continuity Engine enables 24/7 business continuity
Guided implementation process significantly reduces cost and time for MOVEit Managed File Transfer System disaster recovery and failover.
- Neverfail IT Continuity Engine offers a guided approach to implementing MOVEit disaster recovery to disparate geographic locations or failover within a single datacenter
- Requires Neverfail IT Continuity Engine license and a MOVEit Managed File Transfer System Disaster Recovery license
Turnkey failover offers automated or manual failover with minimal loss of file transfer service
- Protects against the impact of hardware or application failure
- Real-time replication of data to a ‘hot-standby’ DR/failover server ensures file transfer services are always available
- Fully automated failover with Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) of less than a minute and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) of seconds
Failover rules monitor performance metrics on production server and can perform switchover to a hot-standby before downtime
Single sign-on and consistent user-interface drives user adoption
SSO from MOVEit clients enables use of a single authentication credential across employee applications.
- Support for single sign-on via SAML 2.0 integration from all MOVEit Clients, including browsers, mobile devices, and Outlook plugin
Enhanced user experience is delivered in MOVEit Managed File Transfer System, MOVEit Ad Hoc, MOVEit Cloud and MOVEit Mobile.
- MOVEit web browser UI is now consistent with MOVEit Mobile UI
- MOVEit Mobile UI automatically adjusts to phone, tablet and phablet screens. Ability to resize screen text size and upload for video and audio files is now available.
- Consistent UI across phone, tablet, and desktop browser improves user experience when using multiple devices to transfer files