FileCatalyst Direct at a Glance
FileCatalyst Workflow is web portal for all your file transfer needs. It simplifies file exchange and boosts productivity by streamlining submission, distribution, and file sharing workflows on the web. By integrating directly into your corporate infrastructure, FileCatalyst Workflow makes receiving files easy by acting as an online file submission inbox for anyone outside of your network submitting files into your organizational workflows. FileCatalyst Workflow also turns file distribution via email into a simple task by enabling users to securely send files to any email address.
FileCatalyst Workflow combines three powerful web-based managed file transfer workflows: submission, distribution, and online folders.
Used for “distribution”, FileCatalyst Workflow solves the problems of file transfer size and speed by acting as a middle-man for the file transfer process. Files are sent to the FileCatalyst Server with acceleration and management, and then recipients receive an email for downloading the files (also with acceleration and management).
- Put an End to Lost and Forgotten Files: When files are sent ad-hoc via email, FTP, or physical media they can go missing, with zero tracking or accountability. Adding FileCatalyst Workflow to a website gives you the ability to immediately insert files into your workflow and track the delivery of these files and their progress throughout your organization to ensure no files get left behind.
- Access Files From Anywhere: Access files in FileCatalyst Workflow’s online file areas anywhere through the web interface, with support for every major OS and browser. These file areas can be set up on an individual or group level, for sharing and working on files in a team setting.
- Distribute Files to email: FileCatalyst Workflow allows users to send files of any size securely to any email address.
- Quickly create web portals to receive large files. File submission portals can require a login or just simply be “anonymous” drop boxes.
- No End User Software Installation: End users may exchange files via FileCatalyst Workflow without downloading or installing any software on their machines – all that is required is an Internet connection and a web-browser. This also eliminates any network issues which frequently arise when using FTP, such as firewall or proxy servers blocking the data transfers.
- Integrate into your existing IT infrastructure. FileCatalyst Workflow offers flexible deployment on almost any operating system and/or virtual server. Integration With LDAP, Active Directory, SSO, SecureAuth, 3rd party FTP servers, Anti-Virus and many others is available out-of-the-box.
- Fine Tune IT Administration Settings: Manage FileCatalyst Workflow with a web-based administration console and varying administrator privilege levels from basic account management to super administrator status. IT administrators can also grant specific privileges to user accounts and groups, automate user management, enable real time tracking and auditing of transfers, set IP-based user permissions, and more.
- Customize to match corporate identity: All user-facing aspects of FileCatalyst Workflow are customizable to match corporate brand guidelines. Customize the web portal and messaging from the administrator interface to match your corporate look and feel.
- Upload files from your smartphone: Quickly submit files via your smartphone, with FileCatalyst apps available on iOS and Android devices.
Deployment OptionsFileCatalyst Workflow is software-only, you can download and install it on your own server. Like all FileCatalyst solutions, FileCatalyst Workflow integrates seamlessly with all other products in the FileCatalyst suite.
On PremiseFileCatalyst Workflow’s software-only approach allows IT administrators to download and install the application on their own infrastructure. FileCatalyst Workflow is platform-independent and can be deployed on any recent Windows, Linux, Solaris, OSX or virtually any other platform that has an official Sun Java 7 run-time. The use of server virtualization technologies (VMware, Virtual Box etc.) is supported and welcomed. Ability to run a hot stand-by instance in case of a disaster is also possible. Licensing is available as a perpetual one-time fee or as an annual lease.
- Multi-core CPU with minimum of 2 cores (virtualization is supported)
- 6GB RAM or more
- 80 GB of disk space
- Server Operating system: Windows 2003 or higher, Unix, Linux, Solaris, OSX
Add-on Deployment OptionsFileCatalyst Workflow add-ons allow you to further customize the functionality to your organization’s needs. Save more by only selecting the features you need. File Transfer Acceleration Transfer big data and all large format files at full line speed, regardless of file size or format, to save time, share information and collaborate faster than ever before by adding FileCatalyst Direct to your deployment. Scheduling and Automation Schedule and execute file transfers and bandwidth usage automatically, based on a user’s preferences within FileCatalyst Workflow with the FileCatalyst HotFolder application. FileCatalyst HotFolder allows users to set up automated tasks of any level of complexity, and to automatically submit files into an organization’s workflow or upload and download from online file areas. API/SDK Using Java API or RESTful services you can create new jobs to programmatically send files to any email address or manage users, jobs or groups.
Guaranteed file delivery
- Guarantee 100% integrity of every file you transfer
- Every transferred file is verified byte by byte using an MD5 checksum
- For dropped connections, MD5 checks are done on the partial files and then resumed with no data loss
- Further reduce transfer time with lossless compression techniques that leverage GZIP and/or LZMA algorithms
- Combine smaller files into larger compressed archives to reduce overhead, allowing for continuous transfers
Manage file revisions quickly
- Incremental transfer features reduce the amount of transferred data
- Send only the portions of a file that have changed for maximum efficiency
- Reduce transfer sizes by 90%
Transfer growing files
- Transfer files while they are still growing, or have long pauses in their growth
- Transfer large archive files as they are being generated
- Transfer files as they are being encoded
Transfer data into cloud storage
- Integrate with major public clouds including Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, Swiftstack and Wasabi
- Integrate with private clouds including Caringo and Cloudian
- Directly leverage cloud provider APIs for a tight and easy integration
FileCatalyst Direct Point-to-Point deployment
FileCatalyst Server is a software only application that is deployed wherever files are centrally managed and handles file and user management, security, transfer acceleration (up to 10Gbps), and other features. Since a FileCatalyst Server is the heart all FileCatalyst applications, FileCatalyst deployment can be expanded in any direction with perfect interoperability.
FileCatalyst HotFolder - Schedule and automate your file transfers
- Create transfer tasks to automatically execute at set intervals. Files are sent or received based on custom settings, be every 10 seconds or once a day
- HotFolder allows you to set your bandwidth usage around a schedule, maximizing your bandwidth when you need it
- Break jobs into subtasks with filters. Set inclusive or exclusive filters according to type, size or matched string
- Create synchronization tasks that mirror and replicate large directories over the WAN for offsite disaster recovery backups
FileCatalyst Express - A simple 2-pane desktop transfer tool
- Easily accelerate ad-hoc transfers on the fly
- Get started immediately with the familiar two-pane interface
- Simple “Click and Drag” functionality
- A simple installer is provided for a painless deployment
FileCatalyst TransferAgent - Transfer files directly through your web browser to any email address
- Leverage FileCatalyst from a browser
- Send large files via email with Link
- Download pre-selected files with a simple button
FileCatalyst Link - Send files as an email link
- Simply send large email attachments at accelerated speeds
- Send large email attachments from both local and remote storage
- Simple download links make for a seamless experience
- No heavy deployment required
- Available in any browser
FileCatalyst Mobile App - Quickly transfer files via your smartphone with FileCatalyst apps for iOS and Android
- Use the power of FileCatalyst acceleration on the field
- Develop a custom solution with the mobile SDK
- Available on iOS and Android
Command Line Interface (CLI) - Easily update existing transfer scripts to enable FileCatalyst acceleration
- Access the power of FileCatalyst in a command line
- Leverage the extensive collection of flags and settings
- Easily store and recall commands from a script
- Execute scripts on-demand or as part of a larger action
FileCatalyst SDK - Create and code a custom file transfer solution or integrate FileCatalyst into your existing system
FileCatalyst provides many options for integration into third party applications and workflows. Our SDK boasts a full range of components for a variety of development languages and environments, including Java, C++, .NET, and a full compliment of REST APIs.
Other Deployment Scenarios for FileCatalyst Direct
Leverage our file transfer acceleration technology for disaster recovery by using it to mirror your data. By having a redundant data set that is synced to the interval of your choosing, you are ready for anything that life throws at your organization.
Deliver your content and assets to anywhere in the world at accelerated speeds. Whether you are distributing content to your team members and co-workers, sending large files to a partner, or distributing products and updates to end users, you can do it hundreds of times faster than the competition with FileCatalyst in your toolbox.
Live Event Production
Live events can throw all sorts of situations at you: schedule changes, equipment failures, the list goes on. FileCatalyst can help you think less about network connectivity and more about the project at hand by accelerating all of your transfer speeds. We even allow you to send files that are growing, changing and being encoded, saving even more time and maximizing productivity.